Disasters, from hazardous weather to human-caused incidents, are unpredictable and can happen to anyone at any time. It is important that businesses owners and small business owners in particular, take the time to be ready for these things to happen. Approximately 40% to 60% of small businesses will not be able to recover from a disaster.
Horizon Bradco faced a disaster a few years ago when our Schenectady Headquarters was flooded.
While the damage was extensive we were fortunate to be able to repair everything and get back to business with little down time.
- Program Management
- Organize, develop, and administer your preparedness program
- Identify regulations that establish minimum requirements for your program
- Gather information about hazards and assess risks
- Conduct a business impact analysis (BIA)
- Examine ways to prevent hazards and reduce risks
- Write preparedness plan addressing:
i. Resource management
ii. Emergency response
iii. Crisis communications
iv. Business continuity
v. Information technology
vi. Employee assistance
vii. Incident management
- Testing and exercises
- Test and evaluate your plan
- Define different types of exercises
- Learn how to conduct exercises
- Use exercise results to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan
- Program Improvement
- Identify when the preparedness program needs to be reviewed
- Discover methods to evaluate the preparedness program
- Utilize the review to make necessary changes and plan improvements
And don’t forget that if you are affected by a disaster, Horizon Bradco can help by:
- Evaluating the damage
- If you are facing a renovation to address the damage, or looking at a complete rebuild, our sales and service team can help. Our technicians can assist in evaluating damaged equipment and work with your insurance provider to ease the process.
- Providing loaner equipment
- We have a limited supply of loaner equipment available to our customers from our NY and MA offices, with equipment being added to our FL offices later this year, to get you up and running if needed. Requests are based on availability.
- Co-Packing Services
- We have relationships with Wholesale Producers and Co-packing facilities that are ready and willing to help. They can produce and deliver the products your customers are accustomed to while you recover and rebuild.
Feel free to reach out for more information about the services we provide by contacting our Sales Team or 1.888.683.6911.