More than food for thought.
for you. for your students. for life.
The goal of college dining services is more than to provide meals for students, it is to serve food on campus that is healthy, fresh and delicious, and that is produced in a just and sustainable manner. Sustainability is more than just recycling, it is about the entire process of preparing and serving meals. From lighting and dishes to food sources and equipment, sustainability requires time, thought, and dedication.
Save money…and the environment…
True, the best time and biggest window for making an impact with equipment is a major renovation or new build, but there are numerous opportunities as you look around the kitchen to make an impact.
Three simple steps to become more energy efficient:
- Avoid “obvious” energy leaks (ie leaky faucets & equipment that’s on longer than necessary)
- Equipment/Product Matching (for example, are you using a batch cooker to produce a-la-carte items?)
- Operator Training (proper training on operation & energy-saving techniques will save a lot of energy& money!)
Download More of Our Energy Efficiency Tips:
1 Oven, Hundreds of Uses…the MIWE Condo
Save money and energy by using one piece of equipment for nearly all of your baking. From delicate pastry
products and heavy breads to roasts, casseroles and pizzas, the MIWE Condo masters everything that can be baked, while maintaining a high level of energy efficiency.
- Highly efficient stainless steel electric heating elements screwed into steam-proof fittings inside the baking area.
- Saves energy: separate insulation for each oven deck.
- Ultimate stability and durability: steam-tight welded baking chambers with reinforced top.
- Hygiene and cleanliness are enabled via (daily) cleaning of the interior of the door with just a few movements thanks to a securely attached and ergonomic cleaning position.